Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dread More Than Dead

I would so like this to be a hoax, but I know it isn't.

We are devastated to hear about the sudden, unexpected passing of the Slits' Ari Up. A one-of-a-kind character. She will not be replaceable. So much energy and attitude, and such a role model for retaining your youth in middle age. I know it's true, but I still can't accept it.

We shot this in San Francisco at the first tour of the reunited Slits. A great song that didn't make it to what I guess will be their last album. I'll remember her like this.

3 comments:

Substance McGravitas said...

Not the typical girl. Inspiring.

Farmstead said...

The World had come to an end: they used The Slits' version of "Heard it Through the Grapevine" on the closing credits of an HBO comedy show (Eastbound and Down").

Farmstead said...

has, not had