Friday, April 30, 2010

Woke up, it was a Chelsea morning

Funny how one day of vacation leaves me chock full of bloggy inspiration, isn't it? Must be a sign that work really sucks lately. This stress just ain't healthy for the body or the mind. Doesn't make me special though; I think most of us struggling in this crap economy are in the same boat.

Anyway, here I am again at the internet ice cream parlor on 8th Ave. and 21st St. in Chelsea, blogging like a mofo with horrible pop music blasting in the background, killing time before this year's first Conspiracy Of Beards gig in New York which will be taking place tonight at an undisclosed location in Williamsburg, about which I am sworn to secrecy as there is apparently only a 75 person capacity. I'll tell y'all how it went.

Some of the boys are staying at the legendary Chelsea Hotel itself, which is just a stone's throw away from here. I expect them to really shine on that tune this year (certainly I know the words better now):



Any local lurkers on this blog should know that we will be at the Bowery Poetry Club (308 Bowery at E. 1st) on Saturday May 1 at 9:30 pm, and at the Highline Ballroom (431 w. 16th St at 9th Ave) on Sunday, May 2 at 1:00 pm. You'll recognize me because I'm the one with the suit, beard and/or hat.

No comments: