Sunday, April 19, 2009

Like a farting watchdog

T Rex sums up the way I've felt about newspapers for most of my adult life here. Mainstream print media may be an endangered species for a number of reasons, but until I can open a newspaper without being exposed to mediocre writing, bogus wisdom, false perspective, toxic mendacity and outright stupidity, I'm going to have an awfully hard time shedding too many tears.

My prediction is that we will probably have several very large papers shut down as the big corporations decide that this is not a lucrative business to be in anymore. What I wish for in the aftermath is to see those journalists who are actually dedicated to their craft and their ethics banding together to create smaller, independent, hard-hitting, truth-seeking publications of their own to fill the gap, perhaps hiring some of the stunning writers you can find on our blogroll over the right of this page for their editorial sections. Hey, let me dream if I want to.

1 comment:

Davis Jones said...

Dream baby, dream.

When you wish upon a star,
makes no difference who you are!

love you forever and a day.
davis